COVID cases in Kane County have been dropping dramatically since late January are approaching the levels the Reopening Team determined would be safe to meet in person for Sunday Services. Given the significant improvement, the Reopening Team has targeted March 20 as the date we will return to in-person services, assuming the data meets our metrics.
We’re committed to a reopening that honors our UU Principles and is safe for all: young, old, healthy, immunocompromised, vaccinated, and those who cannot get vaccinated yet or at all. In that light, an important aspect of our reopening plans involves simultaneously streaming the live service via Zoom. Our previous attempts at this uncovered the need to upgrade our equipment in order to provide a pleasurable experience. Thanks to the IT Team and some generous donors, plans have been made and money has been donated for this important upgrade. Equipment is being ordered this week, and we plan to have it up and running so that the March 20 service can be offered virtually as well as in person. Thank you to the IT Team for a lot of hard work and to the generous donors making this possible!
Everyone involved in Sunday Services has been working hard to make sure our online services are professional and engaging. Thank you, Worship Team!
- Masking will continue to be required for services and within the building for the time being, despite the State of Illinois dropping its mask mandate.
- We will be providing an update on congregation vaccination status shortly for those who will find it helpful in planning how they will participate.
- There will be no childcare at this time.
- Fellowship hour will resume with masks and social distancing. No coffee or food will be served.
- More information on RE will be forthcoming soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact RE Coordinator Marj Askins if you have questions or want to volunteer to be a part of faith development in UU kids and youth.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during these challenging times. We hope to see you the next few Sundays on Zoom and March 20 in person and on Zoom!
The Reopening Team/Executive Team