Many folks have expressed concerns about our reopening process. Some ask why we are not moving more quickly, and some are concerned that we should be more cautiousness. Please know we hear you and care.
Where we are:
- We are open for in-person services. Hooray for that big step! Again, we say we are delighted to see you and be with you again.
- We continue to offer virtual services on Zoom and strive to improve through enhanced streaming. We feel this is important for those who may not feel safe or, for any other reason, cannot attend in person. We also hope for this to be a means for outreach to the greater community. Please share the link!
- Masking is still required. Some have asked why since the mandate is being dropped in most public places? As a relatively small community, this is to protect those who are are either too young to be vaccinated or cannot be vaccinated due to other health concerns.
- The overwhelming majority of our congregations is fully vaccinated (99%) and boosted (95%) as able. Thanks to you for that!
We continue to monitor the data on Covid trends and will respond as needed for greater caution or openness as appropriate.
Where we Are Going:
- “Social distancing” is being relaxed a bit as we’ve removed blocking off alternate rows of seats in the sanctuary.
- We have begun welcoming folks back to the microphone at the chalice table for Joys and Concerns.
- We hope to be offering the joy of live music in our services soon! Kudos to Chelsea for all of the great recordings and videos, but won’t it be lovely to have her and Caleb performing live in our sanctuary again? We also expect to have the Unichords ring in an upcoming service.
- Unfortunately, we can’t yet predict when we can have congregational singing or choir performances as group singing is still considered a high risk as a virus spreader.
- The Revitalization Team is hard at work finding ways to inject new energy into our church life. We’ve had bonfires, a forest preserve walk and are looking forward to an upcoming family movie night. There is even talk of bringing back Circle Suppers. Stay tuned for more good news!
We know that other churches are taking different steps. We have striven to make choices we feel are best for UUCE. The health and safety of our church community have always been our greatest concern. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we progress safely, yet surely, toward normalcy!
The Reopening Team/Executive