Summer Quarterly Meeting
Sunday, August 29, 2021—2 to 5 p.m.—Via Zoom
Meeting ID: 873 5722 4554
Passcode: 436162To participate via phone call 1-312-626-6799
Program—2 to 3:25 p.m.
“”A Comprehensive Overview of Justice Reform
since the beginning of 2020”
Evan Freund, Chair of our Interfaith Criminal Justice Task Force, will be the presenter. Presentation will include:
1. The law eliminating money bond in Illinois
2. The progress of the CPD consent decree that IFCJTF advocated for
3. The New State law regulating the use of force by police
4. Establishment of the mobile mental health emergency response system and the initiation of 988 service later in 2021.
5. The ordinance establishing the Chicago Police Oversight Commission
6. Future agenda: Efforts to establish a system of earned early release to reduce abuses of mass incarceration in the past
3:30 to 5 p.m. —UUSJ Board of Trustees meeting (open to all)
For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-595-4921