Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Elgin! Our church has been a leading voice for liberal religion since 1866. In that long history, we have worked to be an active voice of Unitarian Universalist principles in the Illinois area.
Our services begin at 10:30am every Sunday, and all are welcome to attend!
Most Sunday services are led by our minister, Reverend Leland Bond-Upson.
Our minister also writes a weekly installment for our newsletter called the Minister’s Message.
All of our services are coordinated by the Worship Team, a group of staff and volunteer members of UUCE. Roughly once a month, the Worship Team facilitates a lay-led service or invites a guest speaker to lead the service.
Our Mission and Vision
At UUCE we covenant to:
- Nurture the spirit
- Grow in relationship
- Serve with love and compassion
To nurture the spirit, the people of UUCE across the lifespan:
- Find inspiration and challenge for lives of connection, integrity, and transcendence.
- Articulate and live our Unitarian Universalist values and beliefs.
To grow in relationship, the people of UUCE across the lifespan:
- Develop deep, broad, healthy relationships
- Connect across difference with authenticity and integrity.
- Partner with Unitarian Universalist congregations and institutions to grow in covenant.
- Build and steward the resources of UUCE together to advance our mission and Unitarian Universalism.
To serve with love and compassion, the people of UUCE across the lifespan:
- Actively practice giving and receiving compassionate care.
- Create a space of trust and safety to engage with issues that may divide us.
- Work in authentic partnership with interfaith and community groups to create a more just and compassionate world.